Sunday, September 15, 2013

More Than My Best Friend

For Taylor:

More complex than you let on,
Yet everyday you seem so strong.

I used to think our friendship ended with me,
But I now know you'd never flee.

You always seem to make me laugh,
You try to keep me on my pa'ff.

You and your hair so super long,
Together we sing the perfect song.

You with your quarters, dimes and nickels,
Always full of hidden tickles.

Sometimes to class we walk really slow,
But I don't care, and this you know.

We laugh as you scream in the halls
Somehow the boys don't hear our calls.

Hottie, 567, and Naveene
Into my heart your soul has seen.

We're inseparable me and you
Next to each other when we say I do.


Then we'll say goodbye one day
But up in heaven,
Friends we will stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment