Monday, October 13, 2014

Paris is Gone

Don't complain
Sit still
Eat your peas
Clean your room
Go to church
Pray in class
Watch conference.

Let go of freedom and all you see
Let go of pasts and hurt and joy 
Let go.

I am who I am and somehow I've forgotten. I'm the same as everyone else I'm tired and old and alone and no one cares. I'm here and I'm quiet and I'm...
I don't even know.
I'm not myself I'm someone else and I can't seem to shake the feeling of alone.

I can't run there's nowhere to hide and each time I breathe I feel dead inside.
The air is cold; it burns my throat and freezes my heart and all I can think is I'm falling apart. 
The pain and joy of yesterday is gone,
And man I wish to have it back,
Because it's been replaced by something new. 
Something darker, and colder.
I'm lost and alone,
There's nowhere to turn except Paris.

But Paris, as I knew it, 
Is Gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment