Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Beautiful Prayers

I really like performance/slam poetry.
So I wrote another one,
And why not right?

I've never been one to see the beautiful side of life.
I've never been able to 'wake up and smell the roses'
I've never felt the lovin' of a man,
I've never tasted that taste of the air right before it rains.

And life's been alright. It hasn't been ugly, but it certainly hasn't been beautiful.
It's been pretty...bland. And I was cool with that.


Until I heard him speak. The rhymes he wrote and the words he crafted reflected my soul like the moon reflects off the still lake in the most hopeless hours of the night.

The things he said made me believe in beautiful.
He showed me my soul in his words,
And I saw the beauty that was there.

When he finished speaking,
I dared not breathe or move a muscle,
Coz' I didn't want the first sound after beautiful to be me.

He taught me
That truley beautiful things,
Need to feel like they should end with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment