Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Paris

On my first day in Paris I thought it would be just another stupid themed class, where to get an A you had to write for the teacher and I was thinking,
I don't know the first thing about Paris.

On the first day, I was a tourist. Excited and eager to write, but I was too busy looking at my map to see the beauty all around me.

The next six days we created a blog, and journals that took my breath away, and I started to grasp what Paris really is.

Paris is beautiful and amazing. It is everything you need it to be, and then some. It is the tears you cry at night and the joy you feel in the day.

Paris is not a theme, it is a lifestyle, it is air.
It's always there in our hearts, but sometimes we don't notice it.

Paris for me was an eye opener, I learned that I CAN and SHOULD.
In Paris, everything's possible, and the things that seem impossible, aren't real.

In Paris I could be me, and I learned to love all the people around me, who were also being "me's" (as in themselves)
In Paris I learned to love, and I learned to write.

After Paris I will never be the same.
And on Wednesday when I walk out of Nelson's room for the last time, I'll probably cry.
And on Friday, you'll notice me when I walk out of school with tears streaming down my face. (and I'm dead serious)
Because once you're in Paris,
You can never be the same.

2 comments: