Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Perfect Times to Get the FLU

Well I wrote my Poetry Slam poem, and I WAS super duper proud of it.
And when people are super proud of something they find excuses to show other people.
So my friends have all heard it and instead of saying, "change this," or "fix that."
They just go, "WOW that was really good." and it makes me smile, but secretly I want help because I'm going up in front of 30 profound writers and they are all better than me and it needs to be perfect.
So knowing my dad I knew he'd give me some criticism.

After the first three lines he stopped me to say,
There's no rhymes in this play.

I tried to explain
Rhymes destroy rain,
And they're a pain,
Where no one can gain.

So I took a deep breath,
And continued my queff...? (poetic license for quest?? wtf)

I gave myself goose pimples, that isn't new
and he just sat there with a face saying p.u.

"It wasn't a poem, it's just a speech,
And you pretty much kinda started to preach.

There isn't one rhyme,
and I don't think you're mine.

This isn't a poem it's just an OVERDRAMATIC, TOO PERSONAL, UNRHYMING SPEECH."

And that was pretty much the worst insult I could get from someone whose opinion matters most.

SO, I've got 3 days to write a new poem.
impersonal
unfeeling
and rhyming...

Maybe I'll get the flu Friday...

And then 1 hour later I realized that my dad is the resistance to my art.
So I'll perform my super awesome poem that I wrote :)

No comments:

Post a Comment