Friday, January 10, 2014

Everything after this is pointless/ A Letter to the Boy I love

This post is pointless,
Everything after this post will be pointless because no one will read it.
But that's okay I'll write it anyways.

You know that feeling after your heartbreaks? Where you no longer get butterflies in your stomach after you see boys?
You know that feeling when you fall in love and the butterflies come back?
Well that happened to me today.
I stood up and walked down the steps.
"Can you guys hear me with out the mic." My heart skipped a beat after that.
Then I looked up,
And I saw your face.
The butterflies got me.
I think I might be in love,
Hell if I'll tell you with whom.
I fell in love with Paris,
And everyone in it.
I fell in love with knowing Nelson didn't read my journal because that means it's truly mine.
I fell in love with ideas and music, and prompts, and poetry.
I fell in love with you, because you are still reading my words and still loving what I do, even though now you know I'm me.
Even though now you know Lulu is a part of me who is still in here.
I'm afraid of boys,
But today Lulu wanted to chase after you and kiss you and thank you for shaping her into something beautiful.
Today I wanted to chase after you and hug you and thank you for shaping me into someone beautiful.
I've learned Lulu is my fearless side, and I have a fearless side.
I've learned that it's okay for all of us to let go, and let our fearless sides take over sometimes.
If I see you in the hall,
I'm going to hug you,
And tell you, you mean so much more to me than words on a computer screen I can't seem to escape from.
I'm sorry if you think I'm creepy,
But I know everything about you, the beautiful side and the not so beautiful side.
I think both sides are perfect.
I think you know who you are.
And I think you think I'm weird because you've never actually met me.
But you know me and I know you.
And you have lips and I have lips sooo...
It's not a coincidence.
Lulu has the guts to do things that I want to do, but can't.
Lulu will hit publish,
But only because I want her to.
All my Love,
Emily

2 comments: